Rat IGFBP-4 Antiserum (Rabbit)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Rat IGFBP-4 Antiserum (Rabbit) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Affinity purified rabbit antiserum
This rat IGFBP-4 antiserum was prepared by immunizing rabbits with rat IGFBP-4. The antiserum recognizes rat and mouse IGFBP-4 but not human, porcine or equine IGFBP-4. The antiserum did not detect other rat IGF binding proteins by Western ligand blotting. It exhibits very weak binding to human IGFBP-1 and -3. The antiserum has been used to develop immunoassays to detect rat IGFBP4 in serum and wound fluid with a sensitivity of < 1 ng/ml.
- Quantity: 100 µl
- Immunogen: Rat IGFBP-4 derived from E. coli.
- Specificity: Recognizes rat and mouse IGFBP-4 < 1% cross reactivity to human IGFBP-1, 3 and 4. It does not detect IGFBP-4 in human, equine or porcine serum.
- Appearance: Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution:Dissolve the vial contents in 500 µl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application & Titre: Each application and titre should be determined in house. As a guideline, the antiserum can be used at a dilution of 1:40,000 for radioimmunoassay. The antiserum binds 20-30% of freshly prepared [125I]-rat IGFBP-4 (~80 Ci/g). Half-maximal inhibition of binding is produced by 250-300 pg of rat IGFBP-4 and the limit of detection is approximately 1 ng/ml in rat serum.
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings contact us here.