Human [Leu24] [Ala31] IGF-I
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human [Leu24] [Ala31] IGF-I is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-I is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-I is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I.
Human [Leu24][Ala31]insulin-like Growth Factor-I ([Leu24][Ala31]IGF-I) is an analogue of human IGF-I which has an Leucine substitution in place of Tyrosine at position 24 and an Alanine substitution in place of Tyrosine at position 31 of the human IGF-I sequence. [Leu24][Ala31]IGF-I has greatly reduced binding to the type 1 IGF receptor and to the insulin receptor compared to IGF-I, [Leu24] IGF-I and [Leu60] IGF-I. However, [Leu24] [Ala31] IGF-I has normal binding to acid-stripped human serum binding proteins. Consequently, [Leu24] [Ala31] IGF-I is an extremely useful analogue of IGF-I for investigating IGF actions independent of binding to the type 1 IGF receptor
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 20 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7507 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: Analysis of 5 residues
- Biological Activity: IGF type 1 receptor binding assay: (ED50 > 50 ng/ml) IGF binding protein assay: (ED50 < 10 ng/ml) Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts: (ED50 > 2000 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)
Human IGF-I (Media Grade)
IGF-I ELISA Assay
Biotinylated Human Des IGF-1