Human IGF-II (Media Grade)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human IGF-II (Media Grade) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Produced in E.coli.
Human insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II) is a single chain 67 amino acid polypeptide that shares structural homology with insulin and human IGF-I. IGF-II plays a critical role in embryonic and foetal development via autocrine, paracrine and endocrine mechanisms. It is a mitogen and also has effects on cell migration and differentiation. IGF-II binds to the type I IGF receptor and the IGF-II/cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor. Its actions are probably mediated through inducing signal transduction via one or both of these receptors. IGF-II also binds to each of the six IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs). This binding also regulates the biological function of IGF-II. IGF-II is highly conserved across species which suggests an important role for the peptide. Human IGF-II is present in high concentrations in normal adult human serum, although the function of this is unknown. IGF-II is also implicated in the pathophysiology of cancer, diabetes and obesity.
- Quantity: 100 µg, 1 mg
- Molecular Weight: 7469 ± 2 Daltons
- N-terminal Sequence: Analysis of 5 residues
- Biological Activity: Proliferation of Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells (EC50 ≤ 150 ng/ml)
- Appearance: White powder freeze-dried from 0.1M acetic acid and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.
- Endotoxin: ≤ 0.1 EU/μg
- Storage: At least 2 years at 2-8°C (as a freeze dried product).
- Reconstitution: Dissolve in 0.1 ml phosphate buffered saline and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Dilute in a buffer suitable for the desired application.
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings, contact us here.