Human Des [1-6] IGF-II
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Des [1-6] IGF-II is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Produced in E.coli.
Human Des [1-6] insulin-like Growth Factor-II is a 61 amino acid analogue of human IGF-II lacking the N-terminal hexapeptide Ala-Tyr-Arg-Pro-Ser-Glu. This reagent is more potent than IGF-II in vitro and in vivo. This increased potency is due to reduced binding of human Des [1-6] IGF-II to most of the IGF binding proteins which modify the biological actions of IGF-II. This reagent binds to both the type 1 and type 2 IGF receptors with similar affinity to wild type IGF-II. This is a high quality research reagent for use in studies on cell growth, IGF receptors and IGF binding proteins.
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 6765 daltons
- Purity: >95 % (by HPLC analysis)
- N-terminal Sequence: Analysis of 7 residues
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 <75 ng/ml) IGF type 1 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 50 ng/ml), IGF type 2 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 100 ng/ml), IGF binding protein assay: ED50 > 1000 ng/ml)
- Appearance: White powder freeze-dried from 0.1M acetic acid and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.
- Endotoxin: < 0.1 EU/μg
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 8°C (as a freeze dried product)
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings contact us here.