Human [Arg6] IGF-II
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human [Arg6] IGF-II is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-II is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system.
Human [Arg6] insulin-like Growth Factor-II is an analogue of human IGF-II which has an Arginine substitution in place of Glutamic acid at position 6 of the Human insulin-like Growth Factor-II sequence. [Arg6] IGF-II exhibits reduced affinity for IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs) compared with human IGF-II and has a slightly greater affinity than Des [1-6] IGF-II for the type 2 IGF receptor.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 20 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7469 daltons – this has been confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: Analysis of 7 residues
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 <100 ng/ml) IGF type 2 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 100 ng/ml) IGF binding protein assay: ED50 > 1000 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)
If you have any questions about this item or any of our other offerings, contact us here.