The Eagle Bioscience’s Rat IGF-II is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-II is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system.
Rat insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II) is a single chain 67 amino acid polypeptide that shares structural homology with human IGF-II. Only four amino acids are different compared to the sequence of human IGF-II. Rat insulin-like growth factor-II has been shown to stimulate growth in L6 myoblasts and other cell lines. Receptor Grade rat IGF-II is a high quality research reagent particularly for use in studies on cellular and animal growth, for use in specific assays for rat IGF-II and other general research purposes.
- Purity: >90 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7515 Daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues
- Biological Activity: IGF type 2 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 5 ng/ml) Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 < 150 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (as a freeze dried product).
- Reconstitution: Handling of IGF-I, IGF-II and IGF analogues
- Detection: Procedure for the iodination of IGF peptides Determination of IGF-I or IGF-II in a range of species by