Human [Leu60] IGF-I
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human [Leu60] IGF-I is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-I is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-I is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I.
Human [Leu60] insulin-like Growth Factor-I ([Leu60] IGF-I) is an analogue of human IGF-I which has a Leucine substitution in place of Tyrosine at position 60 of the human IGF-I sequence. [Leu60]IGF-I has normal binding to acid-stripped human serum binding proteins but has reduced binding to the type 1 IGF receptor and to the insulin receptor compared to IGF-I. It is a useful analogue for studying the relative effects of IGF-I through the type 1 receptor and IGF binding proteins.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7599 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: Analysis of 5 residues
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 >2000 ng/ml) IGF type 1 receptor binding assay (ED50 > 100 ng/ml) IGF binding protein assay: ED50 < 10 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)
Rodent IGF-I ELISA Assay
Human Arg3 IGF-1 Biotin
Biotinylated Human Des IGF-1