iLite® IL-23 Assay Ready Cells :
- The iLite® IL-23 Assay Ready Cells can be used for the quantification of IL-23 or p40 inhibitor activity, or the neutralizing antibody response against such inhibitors in human serum or buffer.
- Content: >250 µL of Assay Ready Cells suspended in RPMI 1640 medium with 20% heat inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS) and 10% dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).
- Storage: -80°C, Cells should be used within 30 min of thawing.
- Application notes for the following assays are available:
Product Developed and Manufactured by EuroDiagnostica
For Research Use Only
Interleukin 23 (IL-23) is a heterodimeric pro-inflammatory cytokine that shares traits with IL-12. Both cytokines contain the p40 subunit which binds to the receptor chain IL-12Rβ1. However, the two cytokines exert distinct non-redundant biological functions. IL-23 has been implicated as an inflammation mediator in several autoimmune diseases, and has also been found to promote tumor growth. Therapeutic agents targeting both IL-12 and IL-23 cytokines are currently used to treat psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and related agents are in clinical testing for a variety of inflammatory disorders.
Why Choose the iLite® IL-23 Assay Ready Cells?
- iLite technology employs the cells’ inherent signaling pathways – a true model of cellular events
- Assay Ready Cells – no culturing required!
- No protein tagging or labeling required
- Short assay times
- IL-23 inhibitor activity: 30min + 5h
- Neutralizing antibodies: 30min + 30 min + 5h
- Highly reproducible between batches
- Normalization gene allows for consistent results
- Adjusts for serum matrix effects and differences in cell number
- Highly specific for IL-23, no cross-talk with IL-12
The Eagle Bio iLite Assay Ready Cells are designed for the specific detection of drug potency in serum/plasma as well as neutralizing antibodies. They utilize an assay technique called reporter gene assay ( RPG ) to analyze serum/plasma samples. The reporter genes utilized are encoded with a bioluminescent luciferase (Firefly luciferase). Different levels of luminescence detected from each reporter gene cell indicates levels of expression.
Key benefits of iLite® Assays:
- Highly specific reporter gene cell lines
- Very sensitive cell line responses (>10 fold inductions)
- Assay Ready Cells – ready-to-use from the freezer, without culturing of cells
- Assays within a workday (typically 4-7 hour assays)
- Normalization gene, which eliminates unwanted matrix effects