iLite® IL-12 Assay Ready Cells :
- The iLite® IL-12 Assay Ready Cells can be used for the quantification IL-12 or p40 inhibitor activity, or neutralizing antibody response against such inhibitors in human serum.
- Content: >250 µL of iLite Assay Ready Cells suspended in RPMI 1640 medium with 20% heat inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS) and 10% dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).
- Storage: -80°C, Cells should be used within 30 min of thawing.
- Application notes for the following assays are available:
Product Developed and Manufactured by EuroDiagnostica
For Research Use Only
Interleukin 12 (IL-12) is a 70 kDa cytokine produced principally by macrophages, neutrophils and dendritic cells in response to stimulation by antigen. IL-12 is a T cell-stimulating factor, playing a critical role in the regulation of T-helper 1 cell responses. IL-12 is composed of two subunits, p35 and p40, covalently linked by a single disulfide bond. The p40 subunit, which binds to the receptor chain IL-12Rβ1, is shared with another heterodimeric cytokine, IL-23. However, the two cytokines expert distinct non-redundant biological functions (1). Therapeutic agents targeting both IL-12 and IL-23 cytokines are currently used to treat psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and related agents are in clinical testing for a variety of inflammatory disorders (2).
iLite® IL-12 Assay Ready Cells are a genetically engineered reporter gene cell line (DT-40, ATCC#CRL-2111) responsive to Interleukin-12 by specific and proportional expression of Firefly Luciferase. Normalization of cell counts and serum matrix effects is obtained by a second reporter gene, a Renilla Luciferase reporter gene construct, under the control of a constitutive promotor.
Why Choose the iLite® IL-12 Assay Ready Cells?
- iLite technology employs the cells’ inherent signaling pathways – a true model of cellular events
- Assay Ready Cells – no culturing required!
- Highly reproducible between batches
- Normalization gene allows for consistent results
- iLite® IL-12 Assay Ready Cells are a genetically engineered reporter gene cell line (DT-40, ATCC#CRL-2111) responsive to Interleukin-12 by specific and proportional expression of Firefly Luciferase. Normalization of cell counts and serum matrix effects is obtained by a second reporter gene, a Renilla Luciferase reporter gene construct, under the control of a constitutive promotor.
The Eagle Bio iLite Assay Ready Cells are designed for the specific detection of drug potency in serum/plasma as well as neutralizing antibodies. They utilize an assay technique called reporter gene assay ( RPG ) to analyze serum/plasma samples. The reporter genes utilized are encoded with a bioluminescent luciferase (Firefly luciferase). Different levels of luminescence detected from each reporter gene cell indicates different levels of expression.
Key Benefits of the iLite® Assay Ready Cells:
- Highly specific reporter gene cell lines
- Very sensitive cell line responses (>10 fold inductions)
- Assay Ready Cells – ready-to-use from the freezer, without culturing of cells
- Assays within a workday (typically 4-7 hour assays)
- Normalization gene, which eliminates unwanted matrix effects