Human Pro-IGF-II E (78 – 88) antiserum (Rabbit)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Pro-IGF-II E (78 – 88) antiserum (Rabbit) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Human ProIGF-IIE (78-88) antiserum was prepared by immunising rabbits with an 11 amino acid peptide derived from the E domain of human IGF-II E linked to diphtheria toxoid. The sequence corresponds to IGF-II E77-88 and as a consequence, the antiserum recognises full length IGF-II E and both IGF-II E variants (IGF-II E1-88 and IGF-II E1-104) derived from processing of the human igf-2 gene and following proteolytic cleavage. It does not recognise mature IGF-II or IGF-I. Sequence analysis suggests it is likely to recognise IGF-II E proteins in non-human primates, dog, guinea-pig, pig and a number of other species.
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID P03144 isoform 1. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 102-112, derived from IGF-IIE, conjugated to diphtheria toxoid.
- Quantity: 100 µL
- Specificity: Determined by Western blotting. Recognises full length human IGFIIE (IGF-IIE1-156) and proteolytically cleaved variants (IGF-IIE1-87) and (IGF-IIE1-104).
- Appearance:Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution:Dissolve the vial contents in 500 µl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application and Titre: Each application and titre should be determined in house. As a guideline the antiserum can be used at a dilution of 1:8000 for Western immunoblotting and 1:4000 for enzyme immunoassay