Human Pro-IGF-I E antiserum (71 – 86)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Pro-IGF-I E antiserum (71 – 86) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Human ProIGF-I E (71-86) antiserum was prepared by immunising rabbits with a 16 amino acid peptide derived from the E domain of human ProIGF-I E linked to diphtheria toxoid. The peptide sequence is located immediately downstream of the cleavage site at the C terminus of mature IGF-I and as a consequence, the antiserum recognises all ProIGF-I E proteins derived from alternative splicing of the human igf-1 gene. It does not recognise mature IGF-I or IGF-II. It is likely to recognise ProIGF-I E proteins in non-human primates, rabbits and guinea-pigs but not other species due to alternative splicing of the igf-1 gene
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID P05019 isoform 1 also known as IGF-IB which is recognised as the canonical sequence. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 119-134, derived from ProIGF-I EB, conjugated to diphtheria toxoid.
- Quantity: 100 µL
- Specificity: Recognises Human ProIGF-I EB (isoform 1, P05019); ProIGF-I EA (isoform 2, P05019-2); ProIGF-I EC (Q13429). No cross-reactivity against mature IGF-I or IGF-I.
- Appearance:Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution:Dissolve the vial contents in 100 µl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application and Titre:Each application and titre should be determined in house. As a guideline the antiserum can be used at a dilution of 1:1000 for Western immunoblotting.