Human Pro-IGF-II (1 – 104)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Pro-IGF-II (1 – 104) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-II is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system.
The IGF-II gene encodes a single transcript which results in a 156 amino acid protein, including an 89 amino acid E-domain. Pro-IGF-II is converted to mature IGF-II by sequential cleavage at amino acids 104, 87 and 67. Pro-IGF-II contains sites of O-linked glycosylation. Differential glycosylation and cleavage within the E-domain can therefore result in multiple pro-IGF-II isoforms. The pro-IGF-II proteins make up 10-20% of circulating IGF-II. Pro-IGF-II proteins are secreted by some tumour cell lines and levels are elevated in non-islet cell tumour hypoglycaemia.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 11949 Daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues >95% single sequence
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 < 220 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)