Human Pro-IGF-I EB (104 – 123)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Pro-IGF-I EB (104 – 123) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Human ProIGF-I EB (104-123) antiserum was prepared by immunizing rabbits with a 21 amino acid peptide derived from human ProIGF-I EB linked to diphtheria toxoid. The peptide is located within the E domain of the 195 amino acid ProIGF-I EB, derived from alternative splicing of the human igf-1 gene. The antiserum recognizes ProIGF-I EB but not ProIGF-I EA, ProIGF-I EC, mature IGF-I or IGF-II. Peptide sequence analysis suggest it may recognize ProIGF-I EB related proteins in a range of nonhuman primates but not many other species due to alternative splicing of the igf-1 gene. There is significant homology to similar regions of ProIGF-I variants in bovine, porcine and canine species to suggest it may be effective.
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID P05019 isoform 1 also known as IGF-IB which is recognized as the canonical sequence. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 151-170, derived from ProIGF-I EB, conjugated to diphtheria toxoid.
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Specificity: Recognizes Human ProIGF-I EB (isoform 1, P05019). No cross-reactivity against ProIGF-I EA (isoform 2, P05019-2); ProIGF-I EC (Q13429) mature IGF-I or IGF-I.
- Appearance:Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution:Dissolve the vial contents in 100 µl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application and Titre:Each application and titre should be determined in house. As a guideline the antiserum can be used at a dilution of 1:1000 for Western immunoblotting.