Human Pro-IGF-I EA antiserum (92 – 105)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Pro-IGF-I EA antiserum (92 – 105) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Human ProIGF-I EA (92-105) antiserum was prepared by immunizing rabbits with a 15 amino acid peptide derived from the E domain of human ProIGF-I EA linked to diphtheria toxoid. The peptide is located at the C terminus of the 153 amino acid ProIGF-I EA derived from alternative splicing of the human igf-1 gene. The antiserum recognizes ProIGF-I EA but not ProIGF-I EB, ProIGF-I EC, mature IGF-I or IGF-II. Sequence analysis suggests it may recognize ProIGF-I EA related proteins in a range of other species including non-human primates, rabbit, guinea-pig, dog, horse, sheep and goat but not rodents, due to alternative splicing of the igf-1 gene.
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID P05019-2 isoform 2 also known as IGF-IA. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 139-153, derived from ProIGF-I EA, conjugated to diphtheria toxoid.
- Quantity: 100 µL
- Specificity: Recognizes Human ProIGF-I EA (isoform 2, P05019-2). No cross-reactivity against ProIGF-I EB (isoform 1, P05019); ProIGF-I EC (Q13429), mature IGF-I or IGF-I.
- Appearance: Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution: Dissolve the vial contents in 100 µl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application and Titre: Each application and titre should be determined in house. As a guideline the antiserum can be used at a dilution of 1:1000 for Western immunoblotting.