The Eagle Bioscience’s Human IGFBP-5 is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Expessed in a mammalian cell expression system and purified by a series of chromatography steps.
Human Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5 (IGFBP-5) is a 252 amino acid protein which is a member of a family of six circulating proteins that bind IGF-I and IGF-II with high affinity and modulate their metabolic and mitogenic effects. Human IGFBP-5 preferentially binds to IGF-II and primarily inhibits the effects of IGF peptides. It can also form a ternary complex with the acid-labile sub-unit. It binds to extra-cellular matrix proteins which protect it from proteolysis and modify its biological functions. IGFBP-5 may also elicit a biological action through a non-IGF binding mechanism.
- Purity:>95 % (by FPLC and SDS PAGE)
- Quantity: 20 µg
- Molecular Weight:Glycosylated IGFBP-5 is 28 kDa, Non-glycosylated IGFBP-4 is 28.5 kDa
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White powder
- State: Freeze-dried from 0.1M acetic acid and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings, contact us here.