The Eagle Bioscience’s Rat IGFBP-4 is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Expressed in E.coli and purified by a series of chromatography steps.
Rat Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 is a 233 amino acid protein which is a member of a family of six circulating proteins that bind IGF-I and IGF-II with high affinity and modulate their metabolic and mitogenic effects. Rat IGFBP-4 is present in biological fluids as an N- linked glycosylated form. IGFBP-4 is primarily an inhibitor of IGF action and does not generally bind to cell surfaces.
- Purity: >95 % (by HPLC and SDS PAGE)
- Quantity: 15 µg
- Molecular Weight: Non-glycosylated rat IGFBP-4 is 25.7 kDa
- Biological Activity: Binding to IGF-I (IC50 = 0.24 nM)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White powder
- State: Freeze-dried from 10 mM HCl and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.
- Detection: Procedure for Western Ligand blotting using iodinated IGF-I or IGF-II. Procedure for Western Ligand blotting using biotinylated IGF-I or IGF-II
If you have any questions about this specific product or any of our other offerings, contact us here.