Human Des [1-3] IGF-I
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human Des [1-3] IGF-I is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-I is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-I is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I.
Human Des [1-3] insulin-like Growth Factor-I is a 67 amino acid analogue of human IGF-I lacking the N-terminal tripeptide Gly-Pro-Glu. Human Des [1-3] IGF-I is more potent than IGF-I in vitro and in vivo. This increased potency is due to reduced binding of it to most of the IGF binding proteins which modify the biological actions of IGF-I. This product binds to the type 1 IGF receptor with similar affinity to wild type IGF-I. This is a high quality research reagent for use in studies on cell growth, IGF receptors and IGF binding proteins.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7370±2 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: Analysis of 5 residues
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 < 10 ng/ml) IGF type 1 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 10 ng/ml) IGF binding protein assay: ED50 > 100 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)