The Eagle Bioscience’s Mouse IGFBP-5 is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Expressed in an Origami B cell expression system and purified by affinity chromatography.
Mouse insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5 is a 252 amino acid protein which preferentially binds IGF-II compared to IGF-I. It is highly conserved with approximately 97% sequence identity to human IGFBP-5. It is functionally similar to human IGFBP-5 and inhibits the effects of IGF peptides. It binds to extra-cellular matrix proteins which protect it from proteolysis and modify its biological functions.
- Purity: >90 % (by SDS PAGE)
- Quantity: 10 µg
- Molecular Weight: Non-glycosylated mouse IGFBP-5 is 28.5 kDa
- Biological Activity: Binds IGF-I in Western ligand blot. Binding affinity for IGF-I – 0.2nM (Biosensor)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White powder
- State: Freeze-dried from 0.1M acetic acid and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.
- Detection: Procedure for Western Ligand blotting using iodinated IGF-I or IGF-II, Procedure for Western Ligand blotting using biotinylated IGF-I or
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings, contact us here.