iLite Insulin Assay Ready Cells
iLite Insulin Assay Ready Cells Developed and Manufactured by Svar Life Science
The Eagle Biosciences iLite Insulin Assay Ready Cells are intended for:
- Quantification of Insulin
- Determination of neutralizing antibodies against Insulin
Content: 250 µL vial of Assay Ready Cells suspended in RPMI 1640 with 20% heat inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS), mixed 1:1 with cryoprotective medium.
Receipt and Storage: Upon receipt confirm that adequate dry-ice is present, and the cells are frozen. Immediately transfer to -80°C storage. Cells should be stored at -80°C (do not store at any other temperature) and are stable as supplied until the expiry date shown. Cells should be used within 30 min of thawing and should be diluted immediately after thawing.
For Research Use Only
Key benefits of iLite Assays
- Highly specific reporter gene cell lines
- Very sensitive cell line responses (>10 fold inductions)
- Assay Ready Cells – ready-to-use from the freezer, without culturing of cells
- Assays within a workday (typically 4-7 hour assays)
- Normalization gene, which eliminates unwanted matrix effects
iLite Insulin ARCs are avian DT-40 cells (ATCC#CRL211) which has been genetically engineered to be responsive to Insulin, resulting in the specific expression of Firefly Luciferase. Normalization of cell counts and serum matrix effects is obtained by a second reporter gene, a Renilla Luciferase reporter gene construct, under control of a constitutive promotor.
The iLite Insulin ARCs can be used to quantify insulin activity in human serum (without interference from factors present in human serum including IGF-1) and for quantification of the activity of neutralizing anti-Insulin antibodies. Application Notes for the following assays are available:
• Quantification of Insulin activity (LABEL-DOC-0389)
• Determination of neutralizing antibodies against Insulin (LABELDOC-0390)