IGFBP-1 Polyclonal Antibody (Rabbit)
The Eagle Bioscience’s IGFBP-1 Polyclonal Antibody (Rabbit) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Affinity purified rabbit antiserum
This IGFBP-1 antibody was prepared by immunising rabbits with a 12 amino acid peptide derived from the central domain of human IGFBP-1 linked to diphtheria toxoid. The peptide sequence is located immediately upstream of the thyroglobulin type-1 domain and is unique to IGFBP-1. The antibody recognizes human IGFBP-1 but not IGFBP-2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 or related proteins. Although the sequence is specific to human IGFBP-1, the antibody does recognize rat and mouse IGFBP-1. Sequence analysis suggests that it should be specific for IGFBP-1 in non-human primates and may also work in several species, although this should be experimentally determined. The immunoglobulin fraction was purified by Protein A affinity chromatography. The antibody is suitable for use in immunoassay, immunoblotting and immunohistochemistry.
- Quantity: 200 µg
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID P08833 human IGFBP-1. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 161-172 (IGFBP-1 136-147) conjugated to diphtheria toxoid. .
- Specificity: Recognizes Human, rat and mouse IGFBP-1 (phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated forms). Specificity for other species should be determined. No cross-reactivity against IGFBP-2, 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- Appearance: Lyophilized powder
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles
- Reconstitution: Dissolve the vial contents in 200 μl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application & Titre: Each application and titre should be determined in house.
The recommended range for use is 1:250 – 1:10,000.
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings contact us here.