The Eagle Bioscience’s Human IGFBP-3 is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Expressed in a mammalian cell expression system and purified by a series of chromatography steps.
Human Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) is a 264 amino acid protein which is a member of a family of six circulating proteins that bind IGF-I and IGF-II with high affinity and modulate their metabolic and mitogenic effects. Human IGFBP-3 is a 40-44 kDa glycoprotein that is the most abundant IGFBP in serum and milk. It is produced by non-parenchymal hepatic cells and circulates in serum, binding IGF-I or IGF-II in conjunction with an acid labile subunit (ALS) to form a (1:1:1) 150 kDa circulating complex at a serum concentration of about 100 nM. Phosphorylation of IGFBP-3 also affects its biological activity.
- Purity: ≥ 90 % (by HPLC anaylsis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: Glycosylated IGFBP-3 is 43-45 kDa. Non-glycosylated IGFBP-3 is 28.76 kDa. 40-45 kDa characteristic doublet of glycosylated IGFBP-3 detected by Western ligand blotting using biotinylated IGF-II
- N-terminal sequence: Analysis of 5 residues
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-8°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1M acetic acid and stored under nitrogen at a slight vacuum.