Human [Arg3] IGF-I (Receptor Grade)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Human [Arg3] IGF-I (Receptor Grade) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-I is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-I is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I.
Human [Arg3] insulin-like Growth Factor-I is a 70 amino acid analogue of IGF-I comprising the complete human IGF-I sequence with the substitution of an Arginine for the Glutamine at position 3. Human [Arg3] IGF-I is more potent than IGF-I in vitro and in vivo. This increased potency is due to reduced binding of human [Arg3] IGF-I to most of the IGF binding proteins which modify the biological actions of IGF-I. This item binds to the type 1 IGF receptor with a similar affinity to wild-type IGF-I. This is a high-quality research reagent for use in studies on cell growth, IGF receptors, and IGF binding proteins.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 1 mg
- Molecular Weight: 7676 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues >95% single sequence
- Biological Activity: Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 < 10 ng/ml) IGF type 1 receptor binding assay (ED50 < 10 ng/ml) IGF binding protein assay: ED50 > 50 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)