iLite ADCC Target mTNF-alpha(+) Assay Ready Cells
iLite ADCC Target mTNF-alpha+ Assay Ready Cells Developed and Manufactured by Svar Life Science
The iLite ADCC Target mTNF-alpha positive Cells are intended for testing:
- ADCC activity
- anti-mTNF-alpha ADCC activity
Content: >250 μL of Assay Ready Cells suspended in cryoprotective medium from Gibco
Receipt and Storage: Upon receipt confirm that adequate dry-ice is present, and the cells are frozen. Immediately transfer to -80°C storage. Cells should be stored at -80°C (do not store at any other temperature) and are stable as supplied until the expiry date shown. Cells should be used within 30 min of thawing.
For Research Use Only
Key benefits of iLite® Assays
- Highly specific reporter gene cell lines
- Very sensitive cell line responses (>10 fold inductions)
- Assay Ready Cells – ready-to-use from the freezer, without culturing of cells
- Assays within a workday (typically 4-7 hour assays)
- Normalization gene, which eliminates unwanted matrix effects
Antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) is a mechanism whereby pathogenic cells are lysed by lymphocytes, most often Natural Killer (NK) cells. The mechanism involves binding of antibodies to surface antigens on the pathogen. Crosslinking of these antibodies to NK cells through the binding of the Fc-portion to Fc receptors on the NK cells leads to activation of the NK cell and formation of an immune synapse with the pathogenic cell. The NK cell releases cytotoxic granules containing granzymes and perforin into the synapse, leading to apoptosis of the targeted cell (1).