iLite Effector (V) Assay Ready Cells
iLite Effector V Assay Ready Cells Developed and Manufactured by Svar Life Science
The Eagle Biosciences iLite® Effector (V) Assay Ready Cells are:
- included as part of the iLite® Anti-CD20 ADCC Activity Set
- can be used together with matched iLite ADCC Target CD20 (+) and iLite® ADCC Target CD20 (-) Assay Ready Cells for the quantification ADCC activity.
Key benefits of iLite® ADCC Activity Assays
- Unparalleled sensitivity
- High serum tolerance
- Normalization read-out included
- Negative control available for screening of unspecific activity
- Easy to use – no culturing required on target or effector cells
Antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) is a mechanism whereby pathogenic cells are lysed by lymphocytes, most often Natural Killer (NK) cells. The mechanism involves binding of antibodies to surface antigens on the pathogen. Crosslinking of these antibodies to NK cells through the binding of the Fc-portion to Fc receptors on the NK cells leads to activation of the NK cell and formation of an immune synapse with the pathogenic cell. The NK cell releases cytotoxic granules containing granzymes and perforin into the synapse, leading to apoptosis of the targeted cell .
The idea of employing ADCC to destroy dysfunctional cells by treating patients with antibodies which induce this mechanism has existed since the discovery of the ADCC mechanism. The first monoclonal antibody for treating cancer to be FDA approved was Rituximab which in part utilizes the ADCC mechanism to destroy cancer cells expressing CD20. Induction of ADCC through monoclonal antibodies is also utilized in treating autoimmune diseases.