The Eagle Bioscience’s Human IGFBP-1 is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Purified from human amniotic fluid of individuals that have been shown by certified tests to be negative for hepatitis.
Human Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) is a 234 amino acid protein which is a member of a family of six circulating proteins that bind IGF-I and IGF-II with high affinity and modulate their metabolic and mitogenic effects. The liver, ovarian granulosa cells, decidualized endometrium and a number of other cell types produce native human IGFBP-1. IGFBP-1 binds both IGF-I and IGF-II. Serum IGFBP-1 levels are regulated by insulin-induced inhibition of IGFBP-1 production. IGFBP-1 appears to inhibit smooth muscle migration in response to IGF-I or IGF-II and to stimulate wound healing in response to IGF-II. Native IGFBP-1 is predominantly a lower molecular weight species of 218 amino acids and 3-4 phosphorylated forms.
- Purity: >90 % (by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 20 µg
- Molecular Weight: 25,300 Daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- Biological Activity: Inhibition of IGF-I stimulated proliferation of NUC-1 cells: IC50 ~100 ng/ml. Inhibition of serum-induced stimulation of DNA synthesis in chick embryo fibroblast primary cultures: IC50 ~300 ng/ml
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White powder
- State: Freeze-dried from 10 mM HCl and stored under nitrogen under a slight vacuum.