The Eagle Bioscience’s Chicken IGF-I is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-I is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-I is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I.
Chicken insulin-like growth factor-I is a single chain 70 amino acid polypeptide that shares structural homology with human IGF-I and chicken IGF-II. Eight amino acids are different compared to the sequence of human IGF-I. Chicken insulin-like growth factor-I has been shown to stimulate growth and differentiation in many cell types including chick embryo fibroblasts. Receptor Grade chicken insulin-like growth factor-I is a high-quality research reagent particularly for use in studies on cellular and animal growth, for use in specific assays for chicken IGF-I and other general research purposes.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7738 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues >95% single sequence
- Biological Activity: (stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts) ED50 <30 ng/ml; IGF type I receptor binding assay (ED50 < 10 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)