Barramundi IGF-I (Lates calcarifer)
The Eagle Bioscience’s Barramundi IGF-I (Lates calcarifer) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
The Eagle Bioscience’s Barramundi IGF-I (Lates calcarifer) is intended for the determination of IGF-I or IGF-II in a range of species.
IGF-1 is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system and the IGF-1 is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-1.
Barramundi insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) is a single chain 66 amino acid polypeptide that shares structural homology with human IGF-I. Barramundi IGF-I can be used for a variety of in vivo and in vitro applications including those investigating the actions of growth hormones.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7309 daltons- confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues >95% single sequence
- Biological Activity: (stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts) ED50 <30 ng/ml
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)