Chicken Insulin-like Growth Factor-II
The Eagle Bioscience’s Chicken Insulin-like Growth Factor-II (IGF-II) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
IGF-II is produced in E.coli using a patented expression system.
Chicken IGF-II is a single chain 66 amino acid polypeptide that shares structural homology with human IGF-II. Twelve amino acids are different compared to the sequence of human IGF-II. Chicken IGF-II has been shown to stimulate growth and differentiation in many cell types including chick embryo fibroblasts. Receptor Grade chicken IGF-II is a high quality research reagent particularly for use in studies on cellular and animal growth, for use in specific assays for chicken IGF-II and other general research purposes.
- Purity: >95 % (as determined by HPLC analysis)
- Quantity: 100 µg
- Molecular Weight: 7512 daltons – confirmed by Mass Spectrometry
- N-terminal sequence analysis of recombinant product: 5 residues >95% single sequence
- Biological Activity: IGF type I receptor binding assay (ED50 < 20 ng/ml); Stimulation of protein synthesis in rat L6 myoblasts (ED50 < 150 ng/ml)
- Endotoxin (LAL): <0.1 EU/ug
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2-4°C (lyophilized)
- Appearance: White Powder
- State: Dried from 0.1 M acetic acid under dry nitrogen at a slight vacuum (-25kPa)
Receptor Grade IGF-I Recombinant Protein
IGF-I ELISA Assay
Rodent IGF-I ELISA Assay