SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Inhibitor Screening ELISA
The SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19 Inhibitor Screening ELISA Assay is For Research Use Only
Size: 12×8 wells
Sensitivity: 15.63 pg/ml
Standard Range: 0 pg/ml – 10 pg/ml
Incubation Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Sample Type: Serum and Plasma
Sample Size: 100 μl
SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Inhibitor Screening ELISA Assay Principle
The SARS-CoV-2 ELISA Assay employs sandwich ELISA technique. Human SARS-CoV-2 S protein RBD is pre-coated onto microwells. Human ACE2 and Inhibitor in the Samples compete and Inhibitor Control are pipetted into microwells. The Inhibitor in the Samples and Control will inhibit the ACE2 from binding to the SARS-CoV-2 s protein RBD to form a complex. After incubation the wells are washed and HRP-conjugated Detection antibody is pipetted and incubated to form a complex. After washing microwells in order to remove any non-specific binding, the substrate solution (TMB) is added to microwells and color develops in inverse proportional to the amount of Inhibitor. Color development is then stopped by addition of stop solution. Absorbance is measured at 450 nm.
Sample Preparation and Storage for the SARS-CoV-2 ELISA
Preparation and Storage:
- Specimens should be clear and non-hemolyzed. Samples should be run at a number of dilutions to ensure accurate quantitation.
- Blood is taken by venipuncture. Serum is separated after clotting by centrifugation. Plasma can be used, too. Lipaemic, hemolytic or contaminated samples should not be run. Repeated freezing and thawing should be avoided. If they are to be used for several SARS-CoV-2 assays, initially aliquot samples and keep at – 20°C
Preparation before Use:
- Allow serum samples to reach room temperature prior to SARS-CoV-2 assay. Take care to agitate patient samples gently in order to ensure homogeneity.
- Samples should be diluted 1:5000 (v/v) for optimal recovery, (for example 1 µl sample + 4999 µl sample diluent) prior to SARS-CoV-2 assay. In cases where matrix interferences is under or over observed, they may be diluted with Sample Diluent accordingly.
- The samples may be kept at 2 – 8°C for up to three days. For long-term storage please store at -20°C.
Note: Grossly hemolyzed samples are not suitable for use in this SARS-CoV-2 ELISA assay.
- Biological Samples: Dilute each SARS-CoV-2 inhibitor (chemicals or antibodies) to be tested to the desired final concentration in 100 ul of SARS-CoV-2 Assay Diluent.
Note: Do not exceed 0.1% DMSO if using chemicals as inhibitors