CoproELISA C difficile Toxin A B Assay
The CoproELISA C. difficile Toxin A B is an Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for detection of C. difficile toxin A and toxin B in human fecal specimens collected from patients suspected of having C. difficile disease. The test results together with the patients history is intended to aid in the diagnosis of C. difficile infection (CDI).The Eagle Biosciences CoproELISA C. difficile Toxin A B Assay Kit is for Research Use Only and is not intended for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
CoproELISA C. difficile Toxin A/B is an enzyme immunoassay for the detection of toxin A and toxin B in human feces. Break-apart microwells are coated with C. difficile toxin-specific polyclonal antibodies. A set of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) conjugated polyclonal anti-toxin A and anti-toxin B antibodies are added to the antibody-coated microwells. Fecal samples are diluted in sample diluent and added to the microwells. In this step C. difficile toxins are specifically marked by the HRP conjugated antibodies and immobilized by the coated antibodies. Unbound conjugate is removed by washing. Upon the addition of TMB-substrate, the substrate is hydrolyzed by the peroxidase, yielding a blue solution of the reduced substrate. Upon the addition of the stop solution, the blue color turns yellow and should be read by an ELISA reader at a wavelength of 450/620 nm. The absorbance is proportional to the level of C. difficile toxins in the sample.
- Cloud J, Kelly CP, Update on Clostridium difficile associated disease. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2007 Jan;23(1):4-9.
- Owens RC Jr, Donskey CJ, Gaynes RP, Loo VG, Muto CA., Antimicrobial-associated risk factors for Clostridium difficile infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2008 Jan 15;46 Suppl 1:S19-31.
- Kelly CP, Pothoulakis C, LaMont JT., Clostridium difficile colitis. N Engl J Med. 1994 Jan 27;330(4):257-62
- Voth DE, Ballard JD., Clostridium difficile toxins: mechanism of action and role in disease. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2005 Apr;18(2):247-63.
- Savidge TC, Pan WH, Newman P, O’brien M, Anton PM, Pothoulakis C., Clostridium difficile toxin B is an inflammatory enterotoxin in human intestine. Gastroenterology. 2003 Aug;125(2):413-20.
- Pituch H, van den Braak N, van Leeuwen W, van Belkum A, Martirosian G, Obuch-Woszczatyński P, Łuczak M, Meisel-Mikołajczyk F.,Clonal dissemination of a toxin-A-negative/toxin-B-positive Clostridium difficile strain from patients with antibiotic-associated diarrhea in Poland. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2001 Aug;7(8):442-6.
- Shin BM, Kuak EY, Yoo SJ, Shin WC, Yoo HM., Emerging toxin A-B+ variant strain of Clostridium difficile responsible for pseudomembranous colitis at a tertiary care hospital in Korea. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008 Apr;60(4):333-7.