Sharing a makeup brush with your best friend seems harmless right? Well under ordinary circumstances the answer is yes but for Jo Gilchrist it caused an absolutely devasting outcome for her. She contracted a serious MRSA infection that attacked her spine that ultimately paralyzed her.

Most people do have staphylococcus bacterial species as part of their normal skin flora but there is a small percentage of people that carry a very antibiotic-resistant strain called MRSA (a.k.a. Methicillin-resistant Staphlococcus aureus). Jo’s friend had previously had a staph infection on her face and doctors believe that Jo was infected with MRSA through a pimple on her face.after using the borrowed makeup brush.

Learn More


makeup image above from

Related News

Magic, Ancient Concoction Kills Today’s Superbugs