IGFBP-rP1 Polyclonal Antibody (Rabbit)
The Eagle Bioscience’sIGFBP-rP1 Polyclonal Antibody (Rabbit) is for research use only and not to be used for diagnostic procedures.
Affinity purified rabbit antiserum
Human IGFBP-rP1 is also known as IGFBP-7, MAC25 protein, PG12 stimulating factor, prostacyclin-stimulating factor and tumour derived adhesion factor. It is a 256 amino acid glycoprotein with structural homology to IGF binding proteins. It binds IGF-I and IGF-II with low affinity and stimulates prostacyclin production and causes cell adhesion.
This IGFBP-rP1 antibody was prepared by immunising rabbits with a 14 amino acid peptide from the Ig-like C2 type domain, linked to diphtheria toxoid. The peptide sequence is unique to IGFBP-rP1. The antibody recognises human IGFBP-rP1 but no other IGF binding protein or related protein. Although the sequence is derived from human IGFBP-rP1, the antibody should recognise IGFBP-rP1 in non-human primates, cattle, sheep and pigs and potentially several other species although this should be experimentally determined. The immunoglobulin fraction was purified by Protein A affinity chromatography. The antibody is suitable for use in immunoassay, immunoblotting and immunohistochemistry.
- Quantity: 200 μg
- Immunogen: Derived from UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot sequence ID Q16270 human IGFBP-7. The peptide sequence is amino-acids 197-210 (IGFBP-787-101)conjugated to diphtheria toxoid.
- Appearance: Lyophilized powder
- Specificity: Recognizes Human IGFBP-rP1. Specificity for other species should be determined. No cross-reactivity against other IGF binding proteins.
- Storage/Stability: At least 2 years at 2 – 4°C (lyophilized). After reconstitution store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
- Reconstitution: Dissolve the vial contents in 200 μl sterile water and then dilute in a buffer suitable for the application.
- Application and Titre: Each application and titre should be determined in house. The recommended range for use is 1:250 – 1:10,000.
If you have any questions about this product or any of our other offerings, contact us here.