SALIVA COLLECTION DEVICE
The SALIVA COLLECTION DEVICE is for research use only
Product Developed and Manufactured in Italy by Diametra
Materials Supplied in Kit:
- Glass Collection Tubes (100 pieces)
- Plastic Straws (100 pieces)
Collect saliva samples at the times indicated.
If no specific instructions have been given, the following should be noted:
- If saliva is collected in the morning this should be carried out before you brush your teeth.
- During the day do not have anything to eat or drink for at least one hour before you take your saliva sample
- To ensure the best quality of samples, it is advisable that samples are collected and sent to the Laboratory as early in the week as possible – this will avoid any delays in a post over a weekend.
- It is very important that a good clear sample is received – i.e. no contamination from food, lipstick, blood (bleeding gums) or other matter.
Sample collection instructions
- Carefully remove the red top from the glass tube.
- Using the straw provided, gently expel saliva through the straw and into a glass tube.
- Ensure that the tube is at least half full of saliva (NB: bubbles do not count!) – this may take any time up to 10 minutes – the amount and the quality of the sample are both important.
- If you have difficulty activating saliva, you may chew gently a chewing gum.
- Remove the straw and discard.
- Firmly replace the top on each glass tube.
- Once received the saliva tube (with sample) centrifuge for 15 minutes at 3000 rpm.
- Store at – 20°c for at least 1 hour.
- Centrifuge again for 15 minutes at 3000 rpm.
- The saliva sample is ready to be tested.
- Store the sample at 2- 8°c for one week or at – 20°c for longer times.