PCSK9 ELISA Assay Kit
The PCSK9 ELISA Assay Kit is For Research Use Only
Sensitivity: 1 ng/ml
Dynamic Range: 5.27 ng/ml to 60 ng/ml
Incubation Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Sample Type: Serum
Sample Size: 100 µL
Alternative Names: Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin / Kexin Type 9, PCSK9
Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin / Kexin Type 9 (PCSK9) has importance because it interferes with the lipoprotein in particular the lipoprotein particles (LDL) homeostasis. PCSK9 binds to the lipoprotein particles receptor (LDLR) which transports fat molecules within the extracellular fluid. After LDL binding to the LDL receptor the complex of LDLR/PCSK9/LDL gets degraded in the hepatocytes upon internalization. Importantly if PCSK9 does not bind to the complex, the LDLR can return to the surface of the cell and can thereby continue to remove LDL particles from the bloodstream.
Agents which block PCSK9 can lower LDL particle concentrations in the blood. The therapeutical antibody against PCSK9 Evolocumab, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2015 for lowering LDL particle concentrations when statins and other drugs were not sufficiently effective or poorly tolerated.
Storage and Sample Preparation
- All components of the PCSK9 ELISA Assay kit should be stored in the refrigerator (2-8 °C).
- Once reconstituted, the PCSK9-Standard-CONC should be used immediately or stored at -80 °C.
- The dilutions of BIOT-ANTIBODY-CONC and STAV-CONJ-CONC should be prepared freshly directly before use.
- When running a partial plate, only suitable aliquots of these solutions should be made.
- After dilution WASHBUF is stable for 4 weeks at storage temperature 2-8°C.
Serum Preparation and Storage
- Serum may be stored at -80°C. When stored at -80°C, it is absolutely necessary to mix the samples thoroughly prior to measuring with the ELISA. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles.
- Dilute the serum samples minimum 1:20 with PCSK9-SAMPLE-BUF, depending on the possible concentration of the analyte.