iLite® ADCC Target CD20 (+) Assay Ready Cells :
- Storage: -80°C, Cells should be used within 30 min of thawing.
- Contents: >250 μL of iLite™ Assay Ready Cells suspended in RPMI 1640 with 20% heat inactivated fetal bovine serum (FBS), mixed 1:1 with cryoprotective medium from Lonza (Cat. No 12-132A).
- The iLite ® ADCC Target CD20 (+) Assay Ready Cells (BM4010) is included as part of the iLite® Anti-CD20 ADCC Activity Set
- The iLite ® ADCC Target CD20 (+) Assay Ready Cells can be used as target cells together with iLite ®ADCC Effector (V) Assay Ready Cells for measuring the ADCC activity of anti-CD20 antibodies.
Product Developed and Manufactured by EuroDiagnostica
For Research Use Only
iLite® ADCC Target CD20 (+) Assay Ready Cells are based on a human B lymphocyte cell line, Raji (ATCC# CCL-86), and have been genetically engineered and optimized to express high and constant levels of the surface antigen CD20.
Antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) is a mechanism whereby pathogenic cells are lysed by lymphocytes, most often Natural Killer (NK) cells. The mechanism involves binding of antibodies to surface antigens on the pathogen. Crosslinking of these antibodies to NK cells through the binding of the Fc-portion to Fc receptors on the NK cells leads to activation of the NK cell and formation of an immune synapse with the pathogenic cell. The NK cell releases cytotoxic granules containing granzymes and perforin into the synapse, leading to apoptosis of the targeted cell.
The idea of employing ADCC to destroy dysfunctional cells by treating patients with antibodies has existed since the discovery of the ADCC mechanism. Rituximab, one of the first of such drugs approved, is a chimeric monoclonal antibody targeting CD20, a surface antigen primarily found on B-cells. The drug was approved by the FDA in 1997 for treatment of chemotherapy resistant Non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphomas, and has since also been approved in Europe for different inflammatory indications.
In addition, other anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies have been developed, such as ocrelizumab, a humanized (90-95%) antibody, and ofatumumab, a fully human monoclonal. In addition, efforts are being made to enhance the ADCC activity of the antibodies by engineering the glycan patterns of the constant region, such as in obinutuzumab.
The Eagle Bio iLite Assay Ready Cells are designed for the specific detection of drug potency in serum/plasma as well as neutralizing antibodies. They utilize an assay technique called reporter gene assay ( RPG ) to analyze serum/plasma samples. The reporter genes utilized are encoded with a bioluminescent luciferase (Firefly luciferase). Different levels of luminescence detected from each reporter gene cell indicates different levels of expression.
Key benefits of iLite® ADCC Activity Assays:
- Unparalleled sensitivity
- High serum tolerance
- Normalization read-out included
- Negative control available for screening of unspecific activity
- Easy to use – no culturing required on target or effector cells