iLite ADCC anti-mTNF-alpha Activity Set
iLite ADCC anti-mTNF-alpha Activity Set Developed and Manufactured by Svar Life Science
This product contains a packaged set of the three individual products, one vial of each:
- iLite ADCC Effector (V) Assay Ready Cells (BM5001)
- iLite ADCC Target mTNF-alpha (+) Assay Ready Cells (BM5013)
- iLite® ADCC Target mTNF-alpha (-) Assay Ready Cells (BM5014)
Content: 3 vials of iLite Assay Ready Cells (>250 µL). For contents of the individual vials, please please consult the specific Product Specifications.
For Research Use Only
Key benefits of iLite® Assays
- Highly specific reporter gene cell lines
- Very sensitive cell line responses (>10 fold inductions)
- Assay Ready Cells – ready-to-use from the freezer, without culturing of cells
- Assays within a workday (typically 4-7 hour assays)
- Normalization gene, which eliminates unwanted matrix effects
Antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC) is a mechanism whereby pathogenic cells are lysed by lymphocytes, most often Natural Killer (NK) cells. The mechanism involves binding of antibodies to surface antigens on the pathogen. Crosslinking of these antibodies to NK cells through the binding of the Fc-portion to Fc receptors on the NK cells leads to activation of the NK cell and formation of an immune synapse with the pathogenic cell. The NK cell releases cytotoxic granules containing granzymes and perforin into the synapse, leading to apoptosis of the targeted cell.